The Havens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Havens

Forum for the members of The Havens role play sims in Second Life.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cinnamon Hartley

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cinnamon

Cinnamon Hartley Empty
PostSubject: Cinnamon Hartley   Cinnamon Hartley I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Name-Cinnamon Hartley

Age-19

Homeland-unknown

Personality traits-happy go lucky, looking for the good in others, trusting, sometimes too trusting

Abilities-stealth, minor shapeshifting, can jump and climb well, good horsewoman .

I was born the daughter of a king in a land north of Darkhaven. My father ruled his kingdom well and the people were happy, but it was not to last, for my father's trusted chancellor wanted the throne for himself. The army was too loyal to their king so the chancellor made a pact with a dark imp, it would give him power and he would bring the kingdom to it's service.
It gave him a great army of dragon, trolls, and orcs, my father's kingdom raised a valiant defense, but it was in vain. They overran the castle and a dragon killed my mother, the queen. knowing that all was lost, my father disguised himself as a ranger and fled with me to the forest. All this happened just after my third birthday, but I remember vividly my mothers death, to this day I am still made uneasy at the sight of a dragon.

For the next 15 years we lived in the forest, away from all other people, my father teaching me all he knew of woodcraft, reading writing, and the ways of men. I leaned that people are defined by their actions and there are no evil people, just evil actions. He told me that those who use dark magic are often consumed by it and that he had no hate in his heart for the chancellor, only pity.

On the year I turned 17 the winter was much colder then normal and my father took a great chill. Try as I might, my knowledge of herbs was not enough, and my father died that winter. He had often spoken in the past few years of moving to where there was people, and so I left the place where I had spent my childhood and went off to see the world.

As I journeyed south, I came across a strange camp. It had a garishly painted wagon, pulled by horses with ribbons in their manes. Full of curiosity, I snuck closer to see what manner of person would travel in such a way. As I drew nearer I saw an older woman cooking over a fire. Just as I got to the corner of the wagon, a dog barked, alerting the woman I was there. The woman only turned to glance at me and scold the dog, then went back to her cooking. Unable to contain my curiosity any longer I asked the woman about her wagon. "You look half starved, come and have some of this stew" she said. So I sat down with the older woman and she fed me. As I ate she told me that she used to be a traveling actress, but was now getting too old to travel around the country. Eyeing the way I ate her stew, she asked me where I was from. I told her I was a rangers daughter and asked her if she needed any help on her journey. The actress told me her name was Mary and that she would be happy to have some company.

As we traveled, each night she would teach me some of her craft. How to speak and act, how to change my body language and the use of stage makeup. One day I got a chance to try out my new skills. we had traveled to the far southern reaches of Darkhaven intending to pass into Moonhaven when we got word that pirates were holding the border and demanding tolls to cross.

So I played the part of a cabin boy and Mary was my sick mother.
Not only did we completely fool the pirates, but they gave us a bottle of rum for my "mother".

After we entered Moonhaven, I said goodbye to Mary and she told me to visit her in town sometimes. So I went on my way, deciding to explore this new place. As I Explored, I came to a lush jungle. It was green and full of life, and on the top of a ridge I saw a large palace. Making my way to the top of the ridge I met a Valkyrie. I asked her what the name of this place was and she told me Starhaven, home of the Amazons, and asked me if I would like to become one.

I will take the last name of Hartley in honor of my father's great heart. I like it here, I think I have found a home. Although I may not agree with them on everything, I'm going to stay here and learn their ways.
Back to top Go down

Cinnamon Hartley
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Havens :: People of The Havens :: Meet our players-
Jump to: