The Havens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Havens

Forum for the members of The Havens role play sims in Second Life.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sonja Silvercloud

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sonja

Sonja

Sonja Silvercloud Empty
PostSubject: Sonja Silvercloud   Sonja Silvercloud I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 4:38 am

As a young girl ,barely knee high to an adult,her parents,of Irish/Sottish descent decided to sail to the New World.A place of freedom and equality for all.
Sadly they never made it to thier destination.A wild storm ,unlike any seen, battered the wooden ship and all were lost,except for the little girl found on the shore of a strange land,holding her mothers head in her hands sobbing by a hunting party of Melua amazons.
They took me in,and raised me as their own,teaching me their ways and as the years passed i found myself regarding these people as my own,my family.
Then one day,when I was 15 summers old,a tall ship came to our shores,I sensed no danger seeing as how I myself many years before had also travelled on a ship as this one.The men who rowed ashore were in strange dress,long nasty curved blades adorned their sides.As I was able to speak their language,I translated to my fellow amazons the mens' wishes.
I was told they were lost and in desperate need of supplies such as timber for repairs and food.Though wary,our Queen was a gracious host ,allowing the men into our camp ,feeding them and helping to get their supplies in order.
The men seemed thankful enough ,and after a huge feast everyone started heading for their huts to sleep,heedless of the knowing glances exchanged by the newcomers.
As the village lay asleep,the men struck!.The guards were quickly despatched by means of trickery,then they began the carnage that would change my life forever.
I awoke to the sound of sudden screaming ,shaking myself awake I grabbed my bow and rushed outside hearing sounds like sharp loud thunder everywhere.What I saw filled my heart with a mixture of shocked disbelief ,horror and rage!
These men we so kindly allowed into our village were running through it now killing everyone in sight,woman and infant,slashing their curved blades and pointing these strange things at my people that made the thunder noise ,and left many of my family laying bloodied and dying.
From a distance I heard my name yelled,I looked ,just in time to see my Queen surrounded by men some dead at her feet being grappled to the ground I screamed to her but she only had time to call out one word before their swords buried themselves in her soft flesh "RUN!!!"
Feeling a greater grief than when losing my real parents , I took a quick look around ,seeing my fallen people everywhere,I did the one thing that has plagued me with guilt to this day,I did exactly what my queens last breath had ordered ,I ran,into the blackness of the jungle and shamefully hid.
The next morning I cautiously returned to my village,peering at it through the dense foliage,the men had gone,leaving nothing but death and destruction behind.I walked through the ruins of my home looking for signs of life,an overwhelming sense of grief and loss consuming my soul.It took a whole day to gather my family to a point inthe centre of our once happy village ,and gathering timber I made a funeral pyre for them,gathered anything I could find of use and after lighting the timbers said a whispered prayer and swore an oath that one day ,I would avenge them.With my grisly duties done I headed down the coast where I found a small townshipThere was nothing left for me in this land ,so on a dark night I quickly and silently snuck aboard a tallship and found a place to hide wanting nothing but to escape the land of my tortured memories.
Then one day after I know not how long of relentless nausea from the sea,living on what meagre scraps of food I had brought and then stealing what I could of a night ,we hit land.
I couldnt wait to get my feet on solid ground again,so waiting for nightfall I climbed to the upper deck and jumped overboard ,swimming to the faint lights seen from the land.I closed on the shore and went down from the lights ,not wanting to attract attention,scrambled ashore and found a quiet secluded hole covered by bushes to rest till daybreak.
I woke to the sounds of a town full of life for a moment thinking the previous months events had been a nightmare and I was back amongst my friends and family,but when my head cleared from the fog of sleep I realised I was a stranger in a strange landI reached for my bow,watching the woman through the bushes waiting for her to pass then seeing my chance I swiftly ran towards some trees,but the woman was alert and turned calling to me.
"greetings traveller" she said,"welcome to The Havens"
The soft friendly tone of her voice and the warm welcome stopped me in half stride,it had been ages since I had spoken to anyone,not since that fateful night at my village,and was surprised at my sudden urge,need for companionship.
I turned and replied"Greetings my lady" her smile was as warm as the sun as she walked slowly towards me,"you are new here " she said. "yes" I told her,she asked my name and returned with hers "I am Luthien" and smiled that warm smile again,offering her hand,seeing the smile I could not help but return it and took the proffered hand "I am Sonja,last of the Melua amazons"............and the rest is history...I had found my new home Smile
Back to top Go down

Sonja Silvercloud
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Havens :: People of The Havens :: Meet our players-
Jump to: